3 documents are required for the account opening
- One confirmed copy of the passport or ID
- Two utility bills
1. Confirmed copy of passport
According to Swiss law we have to identify all customers by a confirmed copy of their passport.
These documents will be accepted as a certified copy as scan to proof your identity:
- National Identity Card
- Alien Identification Card (Swiss C or D card and others).
Must be currently valid, signed by the account holder and clearly indicate the pass number, date of expiration, date of birth and country of issue; (if you do not live in passport issuing countries any visa stamp to proof legal residence in the domicile country must be included).
A copy must be certified by a bank, financial institute or notary. They have to stamp it with "originally seen", "checked", "copy of the genuine true documents" or other wording that proof that it was checked.
Example of a certified/ proven passport copy with the stamp of "SAMT AG Switzerland" and the words "Copy taken from genuine/original passport" and signature.
2. Two Utility Bills
A scan of these documents will be accepted as a proof your residential address (you need 2 documents from 2 different categories, no need to certify):
- Utility Bill
Electricity, water, telephone, gas; the bill must be less than six months old and show the account holder’s full name and address. Please note: Bills for cell phone service are not valid proof of residency.
- Mortgage Statement, Deed or Other Evidence of Property.
- Current Lease.
- Bank Statement, Bank-Issued Credit Card Statement or Bank-Issued Debit Card Statement or Signed Letter from Bank on Bank Letterhead Confirming Address. Statement must be less than 3 months old.
- Current Homeowner’s or Renter’s Policy Documents or Riders. Policy must be currently in effect.
- Bill for Homeowner’s or Renter’s Insurance Policy (less than 3 months old).
- Security System Bill/Statement (less than 3 months old) or Government-Issued Letters or Statements Establishing Current Address (less than 6 months old).
- Tax Letters and notices.
- Letters or notices from government housing authorities.
- Jury duty notices.
- Voter registration notices.
- Other official government letters or notices showing customer name and address being verified.
- Bill of local telephone provider (with landline, not mobile).
Open your wealth management account at https://en.samt.ag/user-registration in a completely digital process. No need for paper or printing of any documents.
If you have your documents ready and want to submit them to us, you can upload documents in your login area here and upload the documents.